tokyo game show 2013
The Tokyo Game Show (東京ゲームショウ Tōkyō Gēmu Shō?), commonly known as TGS, is a video game expo / convention held annually in the Makuhari Messe, in Chiba, Japan. It is presented by the Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association (CESA) and the Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. The main focus is Japanese games although it is used by a few international video game developers to show off their upcoming games and game-related hardware as well. Like Gamescom, the Tokyo Game Show allows the general public to attend during the final two days.
Last year's photos:
win a trip to japan!
- Cosplayers who participate in AniManGaki 2013 SOLO or DUET Cosplay Competition only are eligible to win this prize.
- Winners are only selected from either SOLO or DUET category.
- If the winner is selected from SOLO category, the winner shall choose another cosplayer to go with them to Japan.
- If the winner is selected from DUET category, only both members will be given invitation to Japan so they need to discuss within the group.
- You will be participating in Cosplay Collection Night @ TGS on the 21 September 2013 to compete with other cosplayers from overseas.
- The duration of the trip is from 20 - 22 September 2013 (3D/2N).
- Tokyo Game Show will bare the cost for the flight tickets and hotel expenses.
- Judging for this prize will be decided exclusively by our special guest judge from Japan, Tatsumi Inui.
- That being said, the chosen winner for this prize doesn't mean that they are from the First Place in AniManGaki 2013 Cosplay Competition.
- The winner(s) will then have to follow the rules at the Cosplay Collection Night event.
- AniManGaki will not hold any responsbility from there onwards.
RULES FOR COSPLAY COLLECTION NIGHT @ TGS
- The ones who can go on stage are 2 people (minimum) in a group (Max 9).
- Cosplay characters from Japanese title game that can be played on consumer consoles*.
- Please refrain as much as possible from Nintendo game titles (eg Mario series, Zelda series, Pokemon series).
- Bring your own CD for background music.
- BGM must be set to 90 seconds in mp3 format. Set the music from X seconds/minutes to Y seconds/minutes (eg 00:30 to 2:00).
- Send the music alongside with character names & game title on the 1st September at [email protected].
*Types of game console
Famicom, Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Wii series, Playstation series, PSP, Xbox series, Mega Drive, Sega Dreamcast, PC engine series, Neo Geo, Gameboy series, Nintendo DS series, WonderSwan, Sega Game Gear, NeoGeo Pocket
*Any anime or manga that has been turned game is ok.
COSPLAY COLLECTION NIGHT @ TGS 2012